Romanian Centre for Country of Origin Research and Documentation
The Romanian Centre for Country of Origin Research and Documentation (ROCCORD) is an independent research service within the Romanian National Council for Refugees and was established in 2000 as an independent unit providing Country of Origin Information (COI) services to the agencies involved in the asylum process. The Romanian National Council for Refugees, an organization founded in 1998, was granted, in 2003, the status of non-governmental organization of public interest.
The role of the Romanian Centre for Country of Origin Research and Documentation is as follows:
- to provide a research and query service for all organisations involved in the asylum process.
- to build and maintain a collection of objective and up to date country of origin (COI), asylum, immigration and human rights information.
- to undertake other research activities and provide a lending and research library service.
- to provide training on country of origin information research.
- to cooperate with similar agencies elsewhere to enhance knowledge of the country of origin research area.
- to offer training sessions in the field.
CNRR – The Romanian National Council for Refugees
The ROCCORD Documentation Center
Bucharest, Mantuleasa street, nr. 42, 2nd District, postal code 023962